61 Alma Road,
St Kilda, VIC 3182
$8,473 Bond Need help paying the bond?
Rent ID: 4626617
- 4 Beds
- 3 Baths
- 3 Cars
Get Optus nbnTM with unlimited dataGet Optus
'The Priory' c1890
A St Kilda icon since it first took its place in c1890, this rare and illustrious American Romanesque residence is a timeless landmark with grand aesthetics, immaculate detail and immense character.
Be prepared to be transported in time, the estate is wrapped in spectacular stained-glass windows, with soaring ceilings, ceiling roses, 7 working fireplaces and two staircases both a grand staircase and the old servant's staircase. Along with the original oven, servant bells, a traditional larder and laundry house which remain as a homage to times past. This home has been carefully modernized for 21st century living, with modern conveniences blending in, in a way that allows the estates character and history to remain at the forefront.
With all of us merely dreaming of a holiday abroad, The Priory, its architecture and lush garden with bountiful olive trees, feels like your own piece of the Italian countryside.
Ground floor and gardens featuring:
- Grand entrance hall with detailed stained glass framing the front door and Baltic pine floorboards that appear throughout the ground floor.
- Exquisite formal living with intricate open fireplace, and beautiful arched window with stained glass finishes.
- Bi-folding doors bring you into the spectacular living and dining space, flooded with natural light and containing two open fireplaces.
- An additional large sitting room with fireplace makes a perfect study space or rumpus room.
- The wonderful kitchen is equipped with quality appliances including Bosch dishwasher and black ILVE oven that compliments the original wood fired stove that remains. Timber bench tops and cabinetry that has been crafted to match the aesthetics of the home and a generous walk-in pantry/larder.
- Two bathrooms, one of which has timber detailing and has been featured in advertising campaigns.
- Large laundry 'house' with an indoor clothesline perfect for Melbourne weather.
- Separate guest house with timber floors.
- Studio/workshop that has been used as a home bar for outdoor entertaining.
- Bricked terrace entertaining area.
- Tandem carport with secure roller door, with space for up to three cars (via Odessa Street).
- Additional features in the outdoor space include a garden shed, secure fencing and lush gardens with abundant fruit trees and a productive vegetable garden with rainwater tank for irrigation.
- Ducted heating throughout.
First floor featuring:
- Versatile upstairs rooms have recently been carpeted throughout.
- The master suite, sun-soaked with private balcony and stunning mantle that could be used as an additional living room.
- Three additional bedrooms, all with open fireplaces.
- Study and large storeroom.
- Beautifully renovated bathroom.
Your very own oasis estate, within walking distance to both iconic Chapel Street and vibrant St Kilda restaurants and cafes, as well as trams, schools and Alma Park.
2 Car ports
1 Open space
Inspections are by appointment only.Book inspection
NBN™ is shown as available at this address*.
*Check with the Property Manager for installation status. Check the availability status of nbn at nbnco.com.au
This property is a walker's paradise with daily errands not requiring a car. There is excellent transit available from here where public transportation is convenient for most trips.
- Walker's Paradise
- Daily errands do not require a car
- Very Walkable
- Most errands can be accomplished on foot
- Somewhat Walkable
- Some errands can be accomplished on foot
- Car Dependent
- Most errands require a car
- Car Dependent
- Almost all errands require a car
- Rider's Paradise
- World-class public transportation
- Excellent Transit
- Transit is convenient for most trips
- Good Transit
- Many nearby public transportation options
- Some Transit
- A few nearby public transportation options
- Minimal Transit
- It is possible to get on a bus
Top 3 features for St Kilda
Lifestyle in St Kilda
Other houses in
Median Rent Per Week
This 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house in St Kilda comes unfurnished. Apply to rent 61 Alma Road, St Kilda today!