Want to keep the kids busy over the holidays? Here are three simple ways to incorporate pretty, hand-cut snowflakes into your holiday home decorations this year.
There are so many ways to use these delicate snowflakes around your house to give your Christmas a frosty theme – even if snow doesn’t quite make it to your end of the country.
- Grace your windows with paper snowflakes (you can attach them with Blu-Tack or sticky tape).
- Make a wreath of snowflakes by sticking them one at a time to a frame or some cardboard.
You might also like:
– The common and not so common injuries sustained at Christmas
– Your rental ledger – Why you should be asking for a copy
– Applications: How long before I am approved for a property?
How to make paper snowflakes
1. Fold the paper in half.
Start with a square piece of paper. Fold the paper in half diagonally to make a triangle.
2. Fold into another triangle
Now, fold the triangle in half so the pointy corners meet.
3. Fold into thirds
Fold your triangle into thirds.
4. Fold and make adjustments
You may need to adjust these folds a little to get the sides to match up, so don’t crease the paper until the folds are just right.
5. Cut across the bottom
Cut across the bottom of your paper so it is straight
6. Cut lines into your triangle
Cut the folded paper with variations of straight and curvy lines. Get creative with your snowflake designs by experimenting with different sizes and shapes of cutouts.
7. Unfold paper
Gently unfold the paper to see your unique snowflake.
Made some snowflakes? Share your pics with us on Facebook!