Looking for a new home online? Rent.com.au makes the rental property search simple, letting you search within specific suburbs and price points to browse through houses and apartments for lease.
If you’re wondering how to find a rental property online, this post should cover all the basics. If there’s something we haven’t answered, let us know!
What is the best way to find a rental property?
You can search for homes using rent.com.au’s search feature. You can access the search feature on the homepage www.rent.com.au:
When searching for your next home, you can search using a suburb, postcode or rent.com.au property ID (if you know it). For a more fine-tuned result, you can specify the type of property you want by using the filters on the search results page.
You might also like:
– Rental applications: How long before I’m approved for a property?
– Australia’s cheapest (and most expensive) suburbs revealed
– Your rental ledger – Why you should be asking for a copy
How do I use search filters to find a home?
To use rent.com.au’s search filters on the desktop view, click ‘Show Filter’s on the left side of the search results screen. This view may already be visible when your search loads. From here, choose your criteria (‘Property Type’, ‘Price’, ‘Features’, ‘Bedrooms’, etc) and click the orange ‘Search’ button. To save the results of your search, click ‘Save Search,’ above the results.
You will be prompted to name your search, and once saved you can easily access it from anywhere and from any device.
You can also search for homes using rent.com.au’s app for iOS and Android. Our apps offer a variety of search and filtering options.
Find your perfect home with:
- Walk Score data – can you ditch the car and walk everywhere?
- NBN status – real-time data that shows whether the property is NBN-ready
- Lifestyle search – use lifestyle features to choose a home that works for you
- Top 3 local features – see the key features of a suburb, as voted by the people who live there
- Rental insights – see a suburb’s median rent for houses and apartments
- Toggle between map and list view – find a home however it suits you best
How do I find a property that allows pets?
To find a pet-friendly rental property on rent.com.au, use rent.com.au’s search feature to find properties in the suburbs you’re interested in. Tip: When the search results page loads, it’s a good idea to tick ‘Surrounding Suburbs’ to ensure you’re seeing the widest range of properties available nearby.
When you look at the filters section, find ‘Pets Allowed’. Make sure this box is ticked. This will filter your list of properties to show only those properties where the landlord or property manager has specified pets are allowed to live in the home.
Remember: Not every landlord or property manager is going to specify if pets are allowed in the rental property. Many choose not to specify this because the owner may be choosy about the type of animal