Love has inspired countless selfless gestures and works of art over the years. But have you thought about its influence on our street and town names? We’ve compiled some of Australia’s most romantic street names to inspire your Valentine’s Day celebrations.
If you’re looking to make a big romantic gesture on February 14 in the NSW suburb of Valentine (where better?), you’ll come across Valentine Crescent, just one of many love-themed street names you’ll find scattered across the country.
As for the most popular word, ‘Rose’ is probably the pick of the bunch (yep, pun intended). It appears repeatedly as Rose Place in New South Wales in Boorooma, Cambridge Gardens, Casino, Lalor Park and West Albury, and again in the Victorian areas of Pascoe Vale, Waldara and Wangaratta.
Similarly popular is the word ‘Bliss’ which appears frequently in Queensland: Bliss Court (Burpegnary), Bliss Lane in Birtinya, South Ripley, Bringalily and Canning Creek and Bliss Street in East Innisfail, Enoggera, Gaythorne, Heatley and Maroochydore.
If your Valentine’s Day plans are in dire need of some romantic address inspiration, consider Desire Place (Hoppers Crossing, VIC), Moon Rise (Yallingup, WA) or Romance Road (Mount Romance, WA). Or you could lock lips at the aptly named Kissing Point Road in Dundas, NSW.
Who knew some suburbs were so romantic? Morley in WA has a Candy Street and Rose Place. Paralowie, SA is home to a Candy Court and Arrow Crescent, Atwell, WA has Charm Way, Chivalry Way and Bliss Lane, and Ararat, VIC has Lovers Lane and Wild Street. Woo, it’s heating up in here!
Take your rental applications to the next level. Create a Renter Resume today. You only need to do it once to enquire and apply for as many properties as you like. Renter Resume is quick and easy to complete. It’s stored securely online and you can access it anytime. To get started, visit Rent.com.au today.
Sadly, love is not always peachy-perfect, and Australia is also home to some pretty forlorn-sounding street names. There’s Lonely Court in Callemonah and Clinton, QLD, Runaway Lane in Benandarah and East Lynne, NSW, Tear Street in Chidlow, WA, Cheater Lane in Prahran, VIC, Heartbreak Road in Springs and Wandering, WA and Waterworks Lane in Gormans Hill, NSW.
Other romantic street names to make the list were:
- Adore Lane, Melton West (VIC)
- Charming Street, Brighton East (VIC)
- Chocolate Hill Road, Wallaroo (QLD)
- Date Place, Glenwood (NSW)
- Diamond Avenue, Kallangur (QLD)
- Eros Crescent, Winston Hills (NSW)
- February Street, Middleton (QLD)
- Flowers Close, Roxburgh Park (VIC)
- Gift Road, Craigieburn (VIC)
- Honey Avenue, Wantirna South (VIC)
- Loyalty Street, Pacific Pines (QLD)
- Pink Place, Macgregor (ACT)
- Sweet Lane, Swan Hill (VIC)
- Tender Way, St Leonards (TAS)
- Valentine Way, Sinclair (WA)
- Wedding Way, Woolgoolga (NSW)
- Wish Street, Churchill (QLD)
Have you lived on a street with a romantic name? Let us know in the comments below! – Happy Valentine’s Day.
Did you know you can search for rental properties by suburb or postcode using Rent.com.au? To start your rental property search, open the rent.com.au website, enter the suburb names you’re interested in and click Search.
You can then add filters to improve your search (i.e. type of property, your weekly budget, number of bedrooms). If you run into any trouble with the enquiry or application process, join the Live Chat on rent.com.au, call the Customer Service team on 1300 736 810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For ideas and suggestions:
– Who is Responsible For Pest Control, Landlords or Tenants?
– Your Rental Ledger – Why You Should be Asking for a Copy
– Applications: How Long Before I am Approved For a Property?
– Jump the Rental Application Queue with RentCheck