Having issues with your rent.com.au account? Here’s what to do if you can’t log in or if you need to reset your account password.
Is your password or email incorrect? Use our password reset tool. To reset your password, enter in the email address you signed up with and we’ll email you your password instructions.
You might also like:
– Rental applications: How long before I’m approved for a property?
– Your rental ledger – Why you should be asking for a copy
– What happens after you apply for a rental property?
Here’s some help if you still can’t get in.
I can’t log in to rent.com.au
No rent.com.au account linked to your email address?
If you see this error message, try again with any other email addresses you have.
Tip: Check your inboxes for emails from rent.com.au. If you have any, there’s likely an account associated with that email address.
If you can’t find an email address connected to a rent.com.au account, your account may be connected to Facebook. On the rent.com.au Sign In page, try log in with Facebook.
Could you have possibly entered your original account email address incorrectly? It’s not uncommon to accidentally enter ‘gmail’ as ‘gmil’ when setting up an account. If this has happened, get in touch with us and we’ll help you fix your account details.
I don’t have access to my account’s email address
If you’ve encountered this issue, you will be unable to get the link to reset your password. Here are a few options for you:
- Regain access to your email address (where possible)
- Contact us on 1300 736 810 or email@example.com and we can update your email address for you
- Create a new rent.com.au account and start fresh
I can’t reset my password
A step-by-step guide to changing your password
- Go to FORGOT PASSWORD.
- Enter your email address that’s linked to your rent.com.au account and click RESET MY PASSWORD.
- Go to your email inbox and find an email from us with the subject ‘Reset password instructions’. Tip: If you don’t see it, check your junk/spam folders or any other filtered folders. (e.g. If you’re a Gmail user, this could be the Social or Promotions tabs).
- Click the RESET MY PASSWORD button in the email. A new web page should open.
- Type your new password in both fields and click CHANGE MY PASSWORD.
- Go back to the rent.com.au website/app and log in with the email address you used to reset your password and your new password.
I did not receive the email to reset my password
If your password reset request was submitted successfully, but you still can’t find the email:
- Check your spam/junk folders
- Check any other filtered folders (e.g. If you’re a Gmail user, this could be the Social or Promotions tabs).
If, after all of this, you don’t have access to an email address associated with your rent.com.au account and you’re unable to reset your password, get in touch with rent.com.au support on 1300 736 810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Someone’s taken over my account
What to do if you think your rent.com.au account has been accessed by an unauthorised party
If you notice any of the following occurring on your account unexpectedly, your account may have been taken over.
- Your password is no longer working
- The email address associated with your rent.com.au account has been changed
- Someone else’s Facebook has been connected to your rent.com.au account.
What do I do if my account has been taken over?
- First, reset your password. Note: If your email address has been changed, go straight to step 2. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven’t used before.
- We strongly suggest you change the password for any Facebook profile connected to your rent.com.au account. You can make sure you’re the only one logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where you’re logged in.
- We also suggest you change the password for any service where you use the same password as rent.com.au.
- Then, get in touch with us! Call rent.com.au support on 1300 736 810 or email email@example.com. We’ll take all the necessary steps to secure your account and return access to you.
If you have any questions about using rent.com.au, we want to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 1300 736 810.