RentCheck can take the stress out of your application, verifying your rental tenancy database record and identification ahead of time to help you jump the queue.
What is RentCheck?
Known as ‘RentCheck,’ this report is a Rent.com.au feature that uses your Australian passport or Australian driver’s licence to check if you’ve been previously listed on a tenancy database, filed for bankruptcy or had any recorded run-ins with the law.
In short, RentCheck is the easiest way to view any reported breaches in your past rental history.
Adding a RentCheck to your next rental application is a great tactic. It helps you identify possible problems before property managers run their own check, and helps you avoid any possible application roadblocks.
Your RentCheck covers:
- Tenancy database history: If you think (or know) that you have problems listed on the National Tenancy Database, RentCheck is an easy way to check so you can be prepared to explain any issues to a prospective property manager.
- Identity verification: Can your identity be verified? Property managers and landlords want to know who they’re approving for a property. This will verify your identity ahead of time.
- Court and Bankruptcy information: Have you ever been to court? Court-related matters will appear on your tenancy. The RentCheck will also show any debt agreements or bankruptcies recorded against your name. With this information at hand, you can explain any listings to your prospective property manager.
Get your RentCheck in 3 simple steps
- Step 1: Enter your details.
- Step 2: Make your purchase.
- Step 3: Receive your report via email in minutes.
Understanding your RentCheck
- If your identity is verified and there are no negative notes
Less is more – this is good news! Add your report to your rental applications and get ahead of the crowd. You can add this to your Renter Resume on Rent.com.au.
- If your identity is verified with negative notes:
With your report, you can now explain to a prospective property manager/landlord why you have notes on your record.
- If your identity could not be verified:
See your RentCheck for information on how to correct this. If you have any issues, contact Customer Service on 1300 736 810 or send us an email.
Discover a smarter way to access your verified information before you apply for your next rental property.
Need more information? Call Rent.com.au’s Customer Service team on 1300 736 810 or email us for details to help you get started.
Rent.com.au is Australia's largest company dedicated to renters and is owned and operated by ASX-listed Rent.com.au Limited (RNT:ASX). For over 15 years, Rent.com.au has exclusively focused on making renters' lives easier by making it easier to find a property, secure it, move in and pay rent.