Rent.com.au’s RentCheck tool is a smart way to remove stress from your next rental application, verifying your tenancy record and ID ahead of time.
What is RentCheck?
Rent.com.au’s RentCheck feature generates a report that uses your Australian passport or driver’s licence to check if you’ve previously been listed on a tenancy database, filed for bankruptcy or had a recorded run-in with the law.
Purchasing a RentCheck is the best way to view any reported breaches in your rental history.
Adding a RentCheck to your next rental application is a great tactic, helping you identify any possible application roadblocks.
What information does my RentCheck cover?
- Any recorded tenancy database history: If you think (or know) you might have tenancy history recorded on the National Tenancy Database, RentCheck can help prepare you if you need to explain issues to a prospective property manager.
- Identity verification: Can your identity be verified? Property managers and landlords want to know who they’re approving for a property. RentCheck will verify your identity ahead of time.
- Any court & bankruptcy information: Have you ever been to court? Court-related matters will appear in your report.
Your RentCheck will also show any debt agreements or bankruptcies recorded against your name. With this information, you’ll be ready to start applying today.
Get your RentCheck in 3 simple steps
- Step 1: Enter your details.
- Step 2: Make your purchase.
- Step 3: Receive your report via email in minutes.
How to interpret your RentCheck report
My identity has been verified with no negative notes
Less is more – this is good news! Add your RentChck report to your rental applications to stand out from the pack. You can also add this to your Renter Resume on Rent.com.au.
My identity has been verified with negative notes
If you’ve had a blip in your tenancy history, don’t stress. It’s better to know this stuff ahead of time. You can use your RentCheck report to explain to a prospective landlord or property manager why you have notes on your tenancy record.
My identity could not be verified
Look at the details on your RentCheck for information on how to correct this issue. If you can’t find a solution, contact Rent.com.au’s customer service team on 1300 736 810.
Need more information? Call Rent.com.au’s Customer Service team on 1300 736 810 or email us for details to help you get started.
Rent.com.au is Australia's largest company dedicated to renters and is owned and operated by ASX-listed Rent.com.au Limited (RNT:ASX). For over 15 years, Rent.com.au has exclusively focused on making renters' lives easier by making it easier to find a property, secure it, move in and pay rent.