“Does paying rent on time for a few years without missing a payment give you a good credit rating for the bank for future home loans?”– Sharon
Are you paying rent on time?
We asked Property Manager with Harcourts Integrity, Kim-Anh Cao for her advice:
Kim-Anh said a clean rental history does not give you a good credit rating, however, it is a perfect reference when you are applying for a home loan.
“Your bank is more than likely to ask you to provide a copy of your rental payment ledger to support your application, and in some instances, a reference from your Property Manager,” she said.
Have a question you would like to see answered here? Let us know!
You might also like:
- Your rental ledger – Why you should be asking for a copy
- My rental ledger – Am I entitled to see it?
- For first-time tenants: How to get a rental property
- I think I’m being asked to pay extra rent. What’s going on?
- How to avoid rental arrears at Christmas time
- Have my rental arrears jeopardised my chance of renting again?