COVID-19 restrictions are in force for the Northern Territory and are in place until Thursday, 19 August. If you rent in the NT, here’s where to get tenancy support.
Effective from 12.01 PM on Monday, 16 August, Greater Darwin and Katherine will enter a full lockdown for 72 hours.
Residents from affected areas must stay at home for the 72-hour lockdown period, and people are only permitted to leave home for the following five reasons:
- Medical treatment, including COVID testing or vaccination
- For essential goods and services, like groceries and medications
- For work that is considered essential
- For one hour of outdoor exercise a day within 5 km from your home with one other person or people from your house
- To provide care and support to a family member or person who cannot support themselves.
For everyone in the lockdown area, you must wear masks if you leave your place of residence for one of these five reasons.
For more information on the current restrictions, news updates and FAQs, visit the NT Government website.
>> Have tenancy questions? Join the Rent.com.au Community on Facebook today.
I’m renting. Where can I get help?
If you’re looking for extra tenancy support in the ACT, these organisations may be able to assist you in a range of areas.
|National Debt Hotline||1800 007 007. Weekdays, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM.||National Debt Hotline|
|Salvation Army||13 72 58||Salvation Army|
|‘Ask Izzy’ search tool (find local services in your area)||N/A||Ask Izzy|
|Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre||1800 015 188, 24/7||Safe Steps|
|Lifeline Australia||13 11 14, 24/7||Lifeline Australia|
|Consumer Affairs NT||1800 019||Consumer Affairs NT|
|Northern Territory Financial Support||N/A||NT Financial Support / Disability Gateway|