Living in the inner city as a renter can be a nightmare of small spaces and high costs. But have you considered minimalism as a solution?
By decluttering and embracing more of a minimalist lifestyle, you’ll save money, reduce stress, and make the most of your living space. Check out our article for tips on getting started.
What is minimalism?
Minimalism is a lifestyle that encourages you to live with less and prioritise the things that matter to you. It’s about reducing physical possessions, simplifying your schedule, and focusing on experiences. While minimalism can mean different things to different people, it often involves decluttering your home and embracing a streamlined approach to life.
You might also like:
> Liminka loves the freedom her Rushcutters Bay apartment gives her to explore
> Krissy & Siona’s Alexandria city apartment is bathed in natural light
> Wade’s Darlinghurst home cuts his commute – and frees up time for living
Cutting clutter: How minimalism could boost your life
Minimalism isn’t just about living with less stuff. It’s about living with intention. By ditching the excess, you’ll find that you’ll have more time, more money, and less stress. Here are just a few of the benefits of embracing minimalism:
- Less stress, more control: Simplifying your life means simplifying your stress levels. You’ll feel more in control of your life when you’re not overwhelmed by clutter.
- More freedom: By focusing on what truly matters, you’ll have more time to do what you love. Who wouldn’t want that?
- Save money: You’ll save big when you’re not constantly buying things you don’t need. Embrace minimalism and enjoy a more frugal lifestyle.
- Save the planet: Minimalism is eco-friendly. By buying less and reusing what you have, you’ll reduce your environmental impact and live sustainably.
Want to declutter your life?
Decluttering your life can be a daunting task, but it’s also gratifying. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Start with the small stuff: Tackle that closet or bookshelf clutter before taking on the bigger messes in your home.
- Declutter like a pro with the KonMari method! This life-changing approach, popularised by Marie Kondo, encourages sorting your belongings by category and only holding onto the items that bring you pure joy.
- Don’t bin your unwanted items! Donate or sell them to someone who could really use them.
- Think twice before bringing anything into your home: Does it add value to your life? And do you even have a place for it?
Ready to embrace a minimalist lifestyle?
Declutter your home and follow these tips:
- Choose experiences over possessions: Prioritise joy and fulfilment through relationships and adventures, not material goods.
- Declutter your schedule: Ditch unnecessary commitments and activities and make room for what truly counts.
- Maximise what you’ve got: Before splurging on something new, try giving what you already have a fresh twist or repurposing it instead.
- Shop smart: Consider the source, the planet, and your real need before you buy.
The bottom line
Minimalism: the ultimate tool for renters to save money, reduce stress, and live intentionally. Declutter and focus on what truly matters to create a fulfilling lifestyle. Remember, decluttering is an ongoing practice of mindfulness and conscious consumption. Take it slow and trust the process.