Your mental health is really important, here is some helpful advice.
No matter whether you’re moving for the first or the fifth time, renting – and life in general – can be a stressful experience for everyone.
If you start to feel like life is taking an emotional toll on you and you don’t know where to turn, don’t be afraid to reach out.
Make sure you’re familiar with community and government organisations available to lend a hand when you need it. These include, but are not limited to:
- Kids Helpline Tel
- Website: kidshelpline.com.au
- Tel: 1800 55 1800
- Website: lifeline.org.au
- Tel: 13 11 44
- Beyondblue Support Service
- Website: beyondblue.org.au
- Tel: 1300 22 4636
- Suicide Call Back Service
- Website: suicidecallbackservice.org.au
- Tel: 1300 65 94 67
- Relationships Australia
- Website: www.relationships.org.au
- Tel: 1300 364 277
- Centrelink Crisis or Special Help
- Website: humanservices.gov.au/customer/subjects/crisis-and-special-help
- Tel: 13 28 50
- Reach Out
- Website: Reachout.com
- Website: anglicare.asn.au/contact-us
- Tel: 02 6230 1775
Never leave it too late to seek professional advice if you feel you need it.
If you have niggling feelings that someone you care about isn’t behaving as they normally would, trust that gut instinct and act on it.
Worried someone might be suicidal?
If you, or someone you are with, is in immediate danger, call 000