Reader Question

“What do you do if the landlord is keeping hold of your rental bond for a mark on the carpet that was there before you rented the house?” Celeste (WA)

Getting your rental bond back from your landlord
Photo: Pexels/unsplash.

Getting your rental bond back from your landlord

Rental bonds can be tricky, this is why we asked Principal at Ray White South Perth, Lisa Kerr, for her advice and getting your rental bond back:

“Hi Celeste – the laws regarding bonds and where they should be held changed a while ago and they must all be lodged with the Bond Administrator.

“If the owner has not done this and is holding it in his account, my advice is for you to ring the WA Department of Commerce (1300 853 829) as they deal with this and they can certainly help you. Good luck.” 🙂

Have a burning question you’d like answered? The Community is our Facebook group for renters, agents and landlords.

lisa kerr
Lisa Kerr

Lisa has a passion for customer service and property management having been in the real estate industry for over 15 years.