Renders of the five cubbies competing to be Australia’s Best Cubby House have been released by youth homelessness prevention organisation, Kids Under Cover.
The cubbies are to be auctioned as part of the the annual Cubby House Challenge at the Melbourne International Flower & Garden Show in March.
This year, the five selected cubbies were chosen, not only for their creative design of fun spaces for kids to play, but also for their environmental credentials.
The cubbies will be awarded a range of prizes including Best Interior Design, Most Imaginative/Interactive Cubby, and Best Architectural Cubby.
The cubbies will be open for inspection and auctioned at the Melbourne International Flower & Garden Show, with funds raised going towards Kids Under Cover.
2018 shortlisted cubbies
- The Dream Catcher Figurehead Construction in collaboration with architect Bayley Ward, represented by Luke Banitsiotis of Woodards
- Becon Constructions and Watson Young’s Rocky Road to be represented by Harry Li of iSell Group
- Buildher Collective, Beirin Projects and Bellemo & Cat’s collaboration Heads Up, to be represented by Sam Rigopoulos of Jellis Craig
- Porter Davis’ The Eyrie will be represented by Glen Coutinho of RT Edgar
- Block Party designed by NH Architecture, built by APM Group in collaboration with The District Docklands, to be represented by Tom Roberts of Nelson Alexander.
This year’s judging panel includes Peter Maddison, architect and host of Lifestyle Channel’s Grand Designs Australia; Shaynna Blaze, interior designer and judge on Channel 9’s The Block; Emily Power, Editor of Domain; and Ben and Andy, former contestants on Channel 9’s The Block.
Which is your favourite? Let us know in the Comments below.