contents insurance

Contents insurance policies like Contents Insurance are designed to cover the stuff that’s important to renters – your personal phone or laptop, furniture, jewellery and more. There are a few extra things Contents Insurance can cover that you may not have thought about.

  1. It’s cover that moves with you

    Moving now or soon? No matter where you live or where you move to (within covered locations in Australia and excluding the Northern Territory), you’re covered under the same policy, just let us know what your new address is (which may alter the premium). Your Contents Insurance policy is about you, not the building you’re in.

  2. Contents cover away from home (optional)

    Your valuables aren’t always in your home. Think sunglasses, handbags, personal phones and laptops. Contents Insurance offers optional ‘Temporarily Removed Items’ cover, so your stuff is covered (if removed temporarily), even when it’s not in your house. (Subject to an additional premium)

  3. Moving your stuff to a new house? You’re covered Contents Insurance provides cover for your possessions while being moved to your new home if they are damaged by fire, impact from a motor vehicle accident or theft.

  4. Accidental damage included. Contents Insurance insures you against unintentional loss or damage to your contents.

  5. Damage to your guest’s possessions Contents Insurance covers unintentional loss or damage to your guest’s possessions while they are staying with you.

  6. Temporary accommodation

    Should something unexpected happen, and you need to vacate your property because it’s uninhabitable, you’ll be covered for the cost of staying elsewhere (subject to a 72 hour waiting period and a maximum of 30 days).

The above descriptions are a summary only. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Please read the Contents Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for full details.

How much coverage do you need?

The level of cover you select will be based on the value of your personal belongings. You can choose one of three policy options available, covering your possessions up to the value of $10,000, $25,000 and $50,000.

Ready to get covered?

Getting Contents Insurance is simple. Visit and select your cover plan. Contents Insurance is issued by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020; AFSL 239687) and distributed by (Operations) Pty Ltd (ABN 23 001 642 020; Authorised Representative Number 001261938). Any advice provided is general only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and may not be right for you. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Certain benefits are subject to per item sub limits. Please read the Product Disclosure Statement, Key Fact Sheet and Financial Services Guide to consider whether this insurance is suitable for you. If you have any questions about Contents Insurance you can contact Chubb on 1800 958 123.

*Excludes Northern Territory. Premium amounts may change.

You might also like:
Cover your stuff with Contents Insurance for renters
Your landlord’s insurance won’t cover your stuff – here’s why

Find your next rental property today on and get great tips, advice and services. Like the small details? Between Suburb Reviews, WalkScore®, NBN status, commute times and pet-friendliness, we've got everything you need to find your perfect rental.