While the rental market is changing by the day, RentBond will continue to support tenants who need flexible solutions during the moving process. Here’s what you need to know.
Moving home can be a challenging and often expensive time. But there are flexible options available to help. Rent.com.au will continue to offer RentBond, our loan service designed to help tenants manage their cashflow during the moving process.
RentBond is designed to help renters who want to pay their rental bond, two weeks’ rent in advance upfront to the agent. They can also finance additional moving costs, allowing them to spread this large expense over manageable monthly payments.
Why renters (and property managers) love the flexibility of RentBond
- RentBond’s 21-day interest-free period means tenants can fund their new bond, rent in advance and other moving expenses at no cost, while they wait for their previous bond to be returned – stress-free!
- When the tenant repays the full amount within 21 days, they won’t be charged any interest or fees.
- RentBond helps cover some of the other costs involved with moving (things like utilities, removalists, etc)
- RentBond is managed entirely online, meaning no extra paperwork, processes or involvement required from your team
- Tenants can opt to have the funds paid direct to your office’s trust account, to the relevant bond authority, or to their own account, where they can pay you themselves.
- Every successful RentBond applicant has passed an affordability and credit assessment check, giving you peace of mind the tenant can manage their rental expenses.
- Many tenants see a boost in their credit score once they have successfully applied for RentBond – which can make that next step to homeownership a little easier
Rent.com.au’s goal with RentBond is to empower renters with flexibility and convenience when it comes to funding their next bond – and this has never been more important than now, when uncertainty is rife for tenants Australia-wide.
When it’s time for your new tenants to pay their rental bond, rent in advance or moving costs, feel free to refer them to RentBond at https://www.rent.com.au/rentbond.
If you would like physical or digital copies of our RentBond brochure for tenants, email email@example.com or give us a call on 1300 736 810.